Click on episode/scene numbers to read script/tweets/commentary, etc. The types of callings include: Voices, visions, sounds, objects and immersions. Since Cal does not experience callings in the same way as other characters, they are treated separately.
As Michaela and Ben piece together their old lives, they deal with mysterious voices in their heads.
VOICE: “All Things”
- 101.6 – after Grace tells her “The universe just gave all of us a do-over. Everything that happened before goes out the window.”
VOICE: “Slower! Slower!”
VOICE: “Set them Free!”
- 101.15 – they think it has something to do with freeing the dogs
- 101.19 – Michaela frees the Pyler girls who were kidnapped by Mr. Garrison
VISION: The Plane / Feeling to “go back” to plane
WHO: Flight 828 Passengers
- 101.24 – “As for whatever force brought us all here…” [Plane blows up]
Mysterious music in his mind moves Ben to help a fellow Flight 828 passenger connect with his imprisoned son, and Olive urges Grace to tell Ben her secret.
SOUND: Music Playing
- 102.2 – “Maybe Alexa acting up in the den”—Olive
- 102.5 – “For me, music is a higher power. So this music we hear, you and I together, it’s for a reason.”—Radd
- 102.19 – “You robbed your own father and blamed Adio”—Ben
Cal Connection [to Unknown Entity]:
- 102.15 – Drawing of Cal’s family with shadow figure
Michaela and Ben investigate the murder of a fellow Flight 828 passenger; Michaela is urged to own her truth.
OBJECT: “Own Your Truth” (magnetic letters)
- 103.2, 103.8 – Michaela spells out “Own Your Truth” on refrigerator door
- 103.16 – “Kelly followed her calling. She started shutting down the family business.”—Michaela
- 103.22 – “What have you concealed, Michaela, even from yourself?”—Isaiah
Cal Connection [to Michaela]: “Own Your Truth”
- 103.2 – “Now Your Turn” (Letters on refrigerator door)
Michaela and Saanvi have a similar vision, but it takes them some trial, error and teamwork to heed the call.
VISION: Gray Woman/Wet Footprints
- 104.2 – first appearance of Gray Woman
- 104.5 – footprints toward Thomas’ room
- 104.21 – footprints away from Thomas’ room
VISION: Angel / VOICE: “Save Him!”
- 104.10 – botched ATF operation
- 104.25 – Callings as blessing or curse
- 104.26 – “What do you want”—Michaela
Ben tries to escape the voice in his mind by going on an adventure with Cal.
VOICE: “It’s All Connected”
- 105.3 – in boiler room as Ben walks away from helping Thomas,
- 105.6 – in living room while Cal plays “Fortnite”
- 105.14 – on the subway
- 105.23 – when Cal senses someone is at the door
Cal Connection [to Ben]: “It’s All Connected”
- 105.14 – “Don’t worry, Dad. It’s all connected!”
- 105.16 – “You’re Thomas?”
- 105.23 – “Wait. Wait. I think she’s a friend.”
- 105.28 – On flight 828 looking out light outside window: “It’s all connected.”
When Cal has a calling that jeopardizes his health, Ben and Michaela set out to cure him by following the calling and looking for a missing passenger from Flight 828, but during their quest they discover much more than they bargained for.
Cal Connection [to Marko]:
- 106.1 – Cal touched on head by Marko on Flight 828
- 106.4 – “Pomogni Mi!”
- 106.10 – “Pobŭrzaĭte!”
- 106.13 – “Make it stop!”
- 106.20 – Cal’s seizure
- 106.21 – Cal’s recovery
Michaela tries to make sense of her newest calling – the sound of a beating heart.
SOUND: A Heart Beating
- 107.10 – at barber shop while trying to resuscitate Carlos’ uncle
- 107.13 – at Jared and Lourdes’ house while having dinner
- 107.22 – in the car while tracking the suspect on the street
- 107.24 – at barber shop while looking at photo of Carlos and Evie
- 107.26 – in the kitchen while looking at Cal’s drawing of Carlos
Michaela fears for the lives of her loved ones after she has a mysterious calling.
VOICE: “Don’t Lose Him!”
- 108.6 – at police precint before learning about Harvey Stein
- 108.23 after telling Jared that she is not going to get in the way of he and Lourdes trying to start a family
VISION: Plane’s Emergency Floor Lights
- 109.16 – while leading the missing passengers through the tunnels to safety
VISION: A Peacock
- 109.17 – after regaining consciousness following explosion
Cal Connection [to Marco]:
Cal Connection [to Ben]:
- 109.13 – “You have to go, Dad. You’re the only one that can see them!”
- 109.14 – “Sorry, I had to leave Dad needed me.”
Michaela’s callings rise to a whole new level when they are accompanied by hallucinations.
VOICE: “Find Her!” / IMMERSION: Blizzard
- 110.7 – after touching sleeve of Paul Santino
- 110.16 – not sure if it means finding Helen or the Major
- 110.28 – realizes the voice in her head is not hers
VOICE: “Find Her!”/ OBJECT: Magazine Photo of Michaela
- 110.28 – Michaela’s calling (above) is being shared with Zeke’s calling
Cal Connection [to Michaela/Zeke]:
- 110.30 – Cal experiences frostbite on his hands
Captain Daly is desperate to prove that he is not at fault for the disappearance of Flight 828, and he needs Ben’s help to clear his name.
Cal Connection [to Ben/Captain Daly]:
- 111.1 – “You have any wings I could have?”
- 111.2 – “The man from the airplane”
- 111.21 – Daly sends Cal a set of gold pilot wings
Cal Connection [to Ben/Michaela]: , Drawing of Autumn
Cal Connection [to Zeke]:
- 111.22 – Leaves NYC for Tannersville
Ben and Grace rush upstate to find a mssing Cal, using his drawings as clues to his whereabouts.
IMMERSION: Snow Flurries
- 112.15 – realizes she needs to head upstate to Tannersville
Cal Connection [to Ben/Michaela/Zeke]
- 112.4 – Ben shows Grace Cal’s sketchbook of drawing
- 112.10 – Cal leaves a cryptic note for Olive to give Ben
- 112.16 – Ben deciphers true meaning of Cal’s note
Cal Connection [to Zeke]:
- 112.17 – “It’s him! It’s him! Don’t hurt him”
Michaela uses her skills as a detective to find out more about Zeke, a hiker who disappeared for two years.
IMMERSION: “Go Back”
- 113.5 – Zeke’s voice, on an outcrop of rocks under a night sky filled with stars
- 113.11 – Zeke’s voice, Zeke shows Michaela his sisters star necklace
- 113.21 – Michaela’s voice, Zeke agrees to go back with Michaela, but is not yet ready to be “going back into the world”
? Cal Connection [to Michaela/Zeke]: Pictograph
- 113.24 – while Michaela and Zeke are holding hands they see a pictograph of themselves doing the same admist lightning and thunder