Just to get the discussion ball rolling, please add your comments on my predictions and add your own. Let's get this forum out of the "Dead Files." Amy Allan has enough to do without having to exorcise this ghost!
Okay, great, nobody wants to play in this forum anymore so I'll jus do my thing like I own the joint.
Option 1 - Danny
Ben is off to teach, Calvin and Olive are off to school, and Grace is itching for some big Danny tool. So she texts Danny, "I need you." He replies, "I'll be by in 15 minutes, be ready." Grace texts back, "I'll be waiting."
Danny arrives and knocks on the door. Grace goes to the door, totally naked, reaches through the open door, grabs her stub by the shirt and pulls him in. They full tongue kiss then she drops to her knees and performs fellatio on him with much vigor. He pulls her up and partakes of some good mother's milk. He then grabs her by the hair and drags her to the sofa and mounts her doggy style. As he was getting started in full stroke mode, in walks Ben. He forgot his lecture note. He sees what's going on and returns to his car and cries (that what he does).
Option 2 - New Boyfriend
Ben is off to teach, Calvin and Olive are off to school, and Grace is itching for some adventure. As luck would have it, the FedEx guy pulls up to the house and walks up the path to the door. When she answers the door she sees a big 6'3", 240 pound black stud standing there with a package. She lets her robe fall open and tells him come in, please. He does and why wouldn't he? Same thing as above, drops the robe, kiss, suck, you know the rest. Still ends with Ben crying.
Anyone out there?
I'll play because @MaryGrace is always a fun fan to play with ... and you have never failed to keep the party going.
1. At least one of the main characters will die.
I don't think she ever stopped sleeping with Danny. Remember after she had allegedly cut Danny loose to rebuild her marriage? She later told Ben afterwards that Danny had asked her if he could continue training with Olive to climb Acadia (107.4). This is when Grace told Ben she was going to talk to him about it. She also much later talked to Ben about Danny being publicly named Eden's father. When Grace and Danny have had conversations, who do you think calls whom ... the cookie or the cookie cutter?
But I digress. I agree with you and @tjlevi. Wesley Snipes would be the perfect new boyfriend for Grace to cuckold Ben with. There could even be a fight scene between Wesley and Danny. This would a good way to permanently end Danny's storyline. I like both of the Options you've stated. So, let's include both. Maybe it'll help the S3 ratings.
3. Since the showrunner has lost control of the plot, the S3 ratings will continue to fall as they did from S1 to S2.
Sad; but true. I'll watch S3 out of obligation because I owe it to myself. As you've stated, control of the plot has been lost. It's now impossible to define the plot because the plot is continuously being redefined. I can no longer understand if the plot was about the disappearance and return of Flight 828 after 5 1/2 years; or if the plot has yet to be determined.
The tail section pulled out by the fishermen was definitely not the same as the original 828 flight. The writers have a bad habit of ignoring most of the storyline "facts" they have written. It's as if they're writing ideas on a blackboard ... and then, they've later either forgotten what was written or simply erased everything and started over.
5. Ben will cry in at least 3 episodes.
Hopefully, one of the times he cries will be when Grace tells him that she and Danny frequently engaged in sexual activities like couples swapping, swinging, and orgies. If she told Ben she loved engaging in threesomes, he would never stop crying.
Prince Charming Ben needs to "man up."
6. NBC will require the writers to insure political correctness.
I hope that NBC isn't the problem. Any other network would have cancelled Manifest after S1 ... definitely after S2. Manifest is broadcast in NBC's late night slot; but it appears to be written for Middle Schoolers. If some of the storylines indulged in a little "political correctness," perhaps the ratings would be higher.
In some of the earlier S1 episodes, homosexuality and racial bias were introduced for a moment. Bethany Collins and her cousin, Leo, were both homosexual. Radd's son Audio was falsely accused of robbery. Saanvi's ex-lover, Alex, was apparently bi-sexual. Ben never embraced or had intimate conversations with his ex-girlfriend, Dean Martin, who was African American. If Ben and Suzanne (Martin) were so intimate once upon a time, why didn't they explicitly express it?
7. Eden, who had much relevance in S2 will be barely involved with S3.
Added because I didn't give it enough thought when I posted my earlier comment. I realize how much and how intensely I criticize the writers. But the writing isn't 100% the writers fault. It's impossible for them to write and plot a good storyline if they themselves don't how the story is supposed to end. The same holds true when it comes to the actors portraying the main characters. There is no such thing as organized chaos!
1. The writing and acting will continue to be subpar because the writers and actors themselves don't know what the hell is going on?
2. Dean Suzanne Martin will be a no-show in S3. If Capt Bowers returns, I'll be surprised. These two outstanding actors were underutilized in S2; so why would the powers that be utilize them more in S3?
4. Grace will run her catering business from home. Not because of the Coronavirus; but because she'll need to stay home and care for Eden. Btw as MaryGrace has earlier commented, Eden will not be relevant because she will rarely be seen, if at all.
5. Ben will remove and immediately put his glasses back on at least 10 times during the season. More times if the season is longer than 13 episodes.
6. If TJ goes to Egypt and remains there for more than two episodes, he and Olive will break-up. If he returns in less than two episodes, he and Olive will soon move into an apartment together ... and the puritanical fans who haven't been paying attention to Olive's age will go batshucking crazy. Olive and Cal were born April 19, 2002. They both turn 18 years old on April 19, 2020. Which in Manifest time is only 4-months away when S2 ended.
7. The Major will not be replaced with a character who will satisfy or excite fans. But if she is replaced, her replacement will be not be characterized as a heartless villain; but as a bureaucratic paper-pusher.
This is all I have for now. Thanks @MaryGrace for getting this party started.
They are excellent minority characters and are, based on other work, very talented. NBC would be foolish not to hold on to them.
... feeling that the showrunner and the writer are convinced that 95% of the dwindling viewership are morons.