Flight 8281 (of Montego Air between Jamaica’s Montego Bay Airport and John F. Kennedy Airport) disappeared April 4, 2013 and then reappeared 5 1/2 years later. 191 passengers were on board. It was the next scheduled flight after Montego Air’s Flight 537.2
Flight 828 Timeline / Episode References
Flight numbers starting with 8 are often used for charter flights, but it can also simply depend on a commercial carrier’s choice. Whether or not an outside company (e.g. Unified Dynamic Systems???) was somehow involved in chartering the aircraft remains to be seen. Charter Brokers typically work on behalf of (agent of) the flyer to source licensed charter operators to fill a particular trip.
Malaysia Airlines Flight 3703 disappeared without a trace in 2014. In fact, it was the world’s fascination with that flight that helped Manifest make it to screen. “I pitched [Manifest] around [a decade ago], nobody wanted it,” series creator Jeff Rake told SYFY. “Then, seven years later, [Malaysia] Airlines happened and suddenly my crazy idea felt a little more real, a little more relatable, in the context of [Malaysia Airlines], suddenly people were interested.”
Flight numbers are often taken out of use after a crash or a serious incident. For example,
- Alaska Airlines Flight 261 changed its flight number to 229 for subsequent flights following a crash.
- American Airlines Flight 77, which regularly flew from Dulles International Airport in Washington, DC, to Los Angeles International Airport, was changed to Flight 149 after the September 11 attacks.
Photos of the Plane
- In the convention of airline flights all eastbound and northbound flights are assigned even numbers, while westbound and southbound flights have odd numbers.
- This convention (of using higher numbers to denote later flights) is commonly used by airlines who have multiple flights per day to the same destination.
- No Plane. No Remains. And Now, No Real Answers on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 (New York Times)
|Created by||Jeff Rake|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||5 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||43 minutes|
|Original release||September 24, 2018– present|
Manifest is an American supernatural drama television series, created by Jeff Rake, that premiered on September 24, 2018, on NBC. The series centers on the passengers and crew of a commercial airliner who suddenly reappear after being presumed dead for over five years. It stars Melissa Roxburgh, Josh Dallas, Athena Karkanis, J. R. Ramirez, Luna Blaise, Jack Messina, and Parveen Kaur. On October 18, 2018, it was announced that NBC had ordered an additional three episodes of the series, bringing the first season total up to sixteen episodes.