Michaela is a rookie police officer grappling with the tragic actions of her past and the prospect of a future with her fiancé, Jared. When she returns home on the mysterious Flight 828, she finds that life has a strange new purpose.
- From Jamaica on Flight 828
- The 5 1/2 Missing Years
- To New York on Flight 828
- Ep 1 – Pilot
- Ep 2 – Reentry
- Ep 3 – Turbulence
- Ep 4 – Unclaimed Baggage
- Ep 5 – Connecting Flights
- Ep 6 – Off Radar
- Ep 7 – S.N.A.F.U.
- Ep 8 – Point of No Return
- Ep 9 – Dead Reckoning
- Ep 10 – Crosswinds
- Ep 11 – Contrails
- Ep 12 – Vanishing Point
- Ep 13 – Cleared for Approach
- Ep 14 – Upgrade
- Ep 15 – Hard Landing
- During the Summer Carnival at St. Agnes, Evie trips over Mrs. O’Connell’s poodle and falls over (105.8).
- Bobby Tufford writes “slut” on Evie’s locker when she wears heals to school. When Mrs. Springs asks Evie who wrote it, she doesn’t rat Bobby out, but waits until after school, calls him a bitch-monkey, and beats him him (107.13)
Evie’s death (October 2012)
- Night out partying w/ Evie (103.23)
- Car crash w/ Evie (103.5) — unknown to Michaela Evie was a organ donor, and her heart saved the life of a young boy, Carlos (107.24).
- When Michaela and Jared show up at Evie’s wake, Evie’s parents Glen and Beverley turn her away (103.10)
- Michaela is put on desk assignment and there is a thorough investigation into the crash. Although she is found of no wrongdoing, she remains on desk duty.
From Jamaica on Flight 828
Afternoon — 4/7/13
- Undecided about accepting Jared’s engagement (101.1)
- Accepts a voucher to take a different flight (101.1)
- While on plane, before taking off, has conversation with Ben about how good the trip was for him and Grace (103.1)
- Passengers experience turbulence (101.2) when the plane entered a storm which came out of nowhere and which was not on any of the charts (111.1).
- There was no time for the pilot, Captain Bill Daly, to get over it and fly above the storm, so he went through maintaining a level altitude., and accelerating the speed of the plane to 300 knots. As he did this, a bright light filled the cock pit (111.1).
- Flight 828 disappears from radar (105.1).
The 5 1/2 Missing Years
The Initial Moments
- Flight 828 crew and passengers appear to have loss consciousness or are asleep. Cal is alert and sees a bright light outside the airplane, saying, “It’s all connected.” (105.28)
- Flight 828 disappears from radar (105.1)
To New York on Flight 828
Evening — 11/4/18
- After the passengers experience turbulence , they are unaware that they have been transported 5 1/2 years into the future (101.2).
- The passengers are notified that the plane is being diverted to Newburgh (101.2).
- The plane lands at 11:49 local time (101.2).
- While still on the plane, Michaela discovers that she has no phone service (101.2) when she sees that she had received a message from Jared and when trying to text him back to tell him she decided to marry him, couldn’t reach him (102.22)
- After leaving the plane, Robert Vance informs the passengers while they are standing on the tarmac that they have been missing for 5 1/2 years.
All Day — 11/5/18
- Passengers are held for questioning inside one of the airport’s hangers for thirty six hours (101.3).
- Michaela tells Director Vance that she needs to make a phone call to her fiance (109.1).
Afternoon — 11/6/18
- Reunited with family at noon: father (Steve) informs her that her mom (Karen) had died (101.5)
- Invited to move in with Ben and Grace who set up a room for Michaela in the basement; tries to call Jared but unable to reach him; hears her mother’s last words in her head (101.6).
Ep 1 – Pilot
Morning — 11/7
- visits 129th police precinct, and sees Jared for first time after her return, and learns that he has married Lourdes (101.8)
- while shopping at Walmart for clothes, sees Jared on the TV’s being interviewed about a case he is working on involving two kidnapped girls (101.10)
- on the ride home on a bus, hears a voice, say “Slower! Slower! Slower!”, yells out to the bus driver, who barely stops bus before hitting a boy (101.11)
- tells Ben about the voices (101.12)
- while jogging, she passes a pair of locked up dogs and hears a voice in her head to set them free (101.5)
- that night while sleeping, she wakes up and hears the voice again; rides bike to metalwork facility where she meets up with Ben and learns that he, too, had heard the voice; they set the dogs free (101.15)
Morning — 11/8
- Jared informed that Michaela and Ben were caught on surveillance video (101.15)
- After they find the dogs, Jared takes Michaela back to return them, while at metalworking facility discovers the two girls locked up in a room (101.19)
- congratulated by Captain Riojas who talks about getting her job back; thanks Jared but won’t reveal how she was able to solve the case (101.20)
- sits in a pew of a church reading from Romans 8:28 and speaks with a priest about whether or not she has been called for a higher purpose (101.24)
- interrupted by Ben before going back to airport where they meet up with other 828ers and witness the plane blow up (101.24)
Ep 2 – Reentry
Morning — 11/9
- Detained and questioned with other passengers by NSA, she is able to convince Director Vance to release everyone (102.1).
- After taking the train to the police precinct, Michaela unexpectedly encounters Lourdes but keeps it short; she asks Captain Riojas for her old job back who tells her she must first get a physical, get firearms re-certification, and speak with the precinct’s psychiatrist (102.3).
- Michaela immediately goes to the fire-range and shoots her gun getting firearm re-certification confident that she would pass because in her time she “had range time 10 days ago” (cf. 102.11).
- Michaela visits Dr. Bortel, the psychiatrist, who wants to help her process the magnitude of changes in her life (102.6).
- Afterwards, she receives a phone call from Ben who asks her to contact someone at Rikers Island so he and Radd can talk to Adio (102.7).
- She returns home and has conversation with Ben who is preparing dinner (102.13)
- At home, Michaela goes through five years of Facebook posts that reveal Lourdes posted every year on Michaela’s birthday. (103.18)
Morning — 11/10
- Michaela speaks with Ben at the hospital (102.16)
- discusses her emotions with a counselor and gets her job back / promoted to detective
- Ben and Michaela debate Magic vs. Technology while Blake is taken to the police car (102.20)
- thanks Lourdes for her posts online; tells Lourdes that she was debating to give Jared his ring back, even though a flashback reveals that she tried to send text message to say “yes” (102.22)
- Michaela and Ben learn of Kelly’s murder from a television breaking news report. (103.2)
- Ben drives Michaela to the crime scene. (103.5)
- At crime scene, Ben and Michaela are introduced to Patrick Kelly (103.6)
Ep 3 – Turbulence
Morning — 11/11
- Michaela is at precinct looking over news videos of Kelly being interviewed (103.8)
- Michaela is confronted by Jared who received phone call from Detective Donovan about how she and Ben went to the crime scene. He tells her that she needs to stop or she will get into trouble. She asks him if he could make some phone calls. He accepts. (103.8)
- Michaela discusses Kelly’s calling with Ben (103.8)
- Visit’s Patrick in his kitchen; introduced to his housekeeper (103.9)
- After having a flashback of Evie’s parents after her death, Michaela decides to visit Beverly and Glen at home; discovers that Beverly has dementia (103.12)
- At the police precinct, Jared tells her that Kelly and her husband owned and operated a mall (103.12)
- Michaela and Ben make a visit to the mall; talk to Tami (103.16). Police take statements from other tenants of mall, and arrest Patrick Taylor blackmail, extortion and harassment. (cf. 103.19)
- After Patrick was interrogated at police precinct, Jared tells Michaela that Patrick’s alibi is air tight, that he did not kill Kelly; that the man whom they arrested on the night of the murder remains their prime suspect (103.18)
- Michaela visits Isaiah in jail looking for answers. He tells her that he heard the sound of a gun, and went to her. She died in his arms. (103.22)
- Michaela returns to Glen and Beverly’s house, and is told that Beverly is missing; Michaela finds her on the street, and discovers that the housekeeper wearing Kelly’s necklace (103.23)
- Kelly’s housekeeper is interrogated (103.24)
- Although tired after a long day, Michaela receives an urgent call from Saanvi for her and Ben to meet her in the lab. Michaela, who is unable to reach Ben, find him at home, and they go to the lab where Saanvi tells them that they all have had something like a near-death experience and that Kelly’s body has been stolen (103.27).
Ep 4 – Unclaimed Baggage
Morning — 11/12
- While at the 129th precinct, Captain Riojas informs Jared and Michaela that they will be paired up doing a joint operation with ATF (104.4).
- Jared sits in car with Michaela talking about old times at Italian restaurant (104.7).
- Jared leaves the car to get coffee, and leaves his cell phone behind (104.7), when he returns Michaela confronts him about a text that appeared on his phone about Jared giving Harrington tickets to the game, so that Jared could pair up with Michaela (104.10).
- A gray woman with wings (i.e. angel) appears to Michaela, and says, “Save Him!” Michaela tells Jared they must go in immediately, that ATF needs help, only to blow the agent’s cover, and botch the operation (104.10).
- As Jared takes the fall for Michaela, she talks to Ben on phone, who tells her to call Saanvi [who has also been seeing visions of a gray woman] in order to make sense out of what is happening (104.15).
- Michaela sees Jared who tells her about his suspension (104.19).
- Drives to hospital to talk to Saanvi and finds her on the sidewalk with Bethany looking for Thomas, all the while, being chased by Director Vance (104.21).
- In the car, Bethany connects the visions of the angel that Michaela has been seeing with Saanvi’s visions of the gray woman, and tells Michaela to go to the Angel of Waters statue in Central Park (104.22).
- Michaela finds Thomas at Bethesda Fountain in front of Angel of Waters and takes him to the boiler room inside a building Kelly owned.
- After Ben texts her wondering where she is, he picks her up, and on the way home they have a conversation about whether the callings or a blessing or a curse (104.25).
- We see Michaela alone standing before the the Angel of Waters looking up and saying, “What do You Want?” (104.26).
Ep 5 – Connecting Flights
Morning — 11/13
- Michaela and Ben return to the boiler to check on Thomas. Ben tells her that he does not want to get involved, that helping a fugitive is not worth going to prison for (105.3).
- Michaela who has the day off, stops into the police precinct to see how Jared is doing (105.5).
- Michaela visits Lourdes. When she enters the house she notices photos of the Three Amigas and one with Lourdes and Jared. She asks Lourdes for her help (telling her how Jared is risking his whole career by accepting the blame for the ATF bust (105.11).
- Michaela visits her father, Steve, telling him that she still loves Jared and wants to be with him. Her father tells her she should fight to get him back (105.17)
- Michaela finds Jared, who is seated at a bar who is giving her the cold shoulder. Unknown to her, Jared had just been pressured by Director Vance to narc on her (105.22).
- Michaela returns home and looks at photos of the Three Amigas and one with her and Jared in it (105.26).
- Before retiring for the day, she finds Ben in the basement who tells her about his day with Cal, and how although he tried to break away, Cal brought him back (105.27).
Ep 6 – Off Radar
Morning — 11/14
- Wakes up in middle of night when Cal, when Cal screams. He is burning up with a fever. Ben and Grace take him to the hospital (106.1).
- Michaela calls Jared at the precinct and ask him to tell the captain that she needs to take a personal day because Cal is sick (106.3).
- Ben shows Michaela and Saanvi a seating chart of the Montego Air Flight 828 manifest, and Saanvi identifies the man who spoke the same language Cal was using (106.5)
- Michaela visits the woman who helped the Bulgarian man on the plane (106.6).
- Jared does not want any part of whatever Michaela is doing (106.8).
- Michaela looks up the logs for passenger buses, but there is no record of a fifth bus (106.9).
- After Ben looks at a map and circles different areas where the fifth bus may have taken the passengers, and sends it to Michaela to check out (106.11).
- She is able to get Jared to help her after she tells him about the missing passengers (106.12).
- When Michaela and Jared discover a large barn which is heavily secured, they are escorted off the premises, but not before she’s able to snap a few photos (106.14).
- Michaela tells Jared about the voices and visions she has been having (106.16).
- Michaela learns that the farm was purchased by a subsidiary of a holding company whose only shareholder is Unified Dynamic Systems (106.19).
Ep 7 – S.N.A.F.U.
Morning — 11/15
- Just before Cal is discharged from the hospital, Ben tells her that satellite imagery shows that the barn where the eleven passengers were taken had been torn down (107.2).
- Ben tells Michaela that he is going to follow the money and that he will be applying and interviewing for a junior revenue accountant at JP Williamson, the accounting firm of Unified Dynamic Systems (107.3).
Morning — 11/16
- Michaela warns Ben to be careful as he sets out for his first day on the job (107.4).
- Michaela visits Beverly who want to know where Evie is (107.6).
- Michaela hears a heart beating while trying to save Enrique who was just shot at his barber shop (107.10).
- Michaela is confused as to why Carlos, Enrique’s nephew, would not ID the suspect during a police line up (107.11).
- Michaela arrive at Jared’s house with him, where Lourdes is cooking dinner. When Jared kisses Lourdes, Michaela turns away (107.13).
- While having dinner with Lourdes and Jared, Michaela turn down a glass of wine (107.13).
- While reminiscing the past, a classmate’s name comes up who sought revenge before justice; Michaela hears a heart beating and leaves (107.13).
- Michaela goes to Carlos’ house and confronts him about hiding the gun so he can shoot the shooter with his own gun (107.14).
Morning — 11/17
- While talking to Jared at the precinct, Carlos comes clean, bringing in the gun, but the shooter had already been released and could not be ID’d (107.19).
- While driving with Jared, Michaela hears a heart beating and uses it to find the shooter just as he is about to rob an elderly man of cash (107.22).
- Michaela tells Carlos at the barber shop about capturing the shooter, when she notices a photo of Evie. Carlos tells Michaela that Evie was the heart donor who saved his life. Michaela hear the heart again beating (107.24).
- Michaela returns to Beverly’s house and says that Evie is okay (107.25).
- Michaela notices a drawing on the refrigerator that Cal had made showing Carlos with Evie’s heart (107.26).
Ep 8 – Point of No Return
DAYS 15 – 26
One might presume that the timeline continues as before such that Episode 8 picks up the same evening or night as the previous episode. However, after the flashback to Flight 828’s landing on November 4, 2018, episode 8 continues with a scene in which both Ben and Michaela are wearing different clothes than where they left off in episode 7 which suggests that these scenes do not occur on the same day.
Late Evening (Unknown day)
- Michaela confronts Ben saying he has to get his life back to normal, and one way of doing that is to send Cal back to school (108.2).
Work Shift (Unknown Days)
- Michaela continues to work out of the 129th precinct, doing normal routine assignments.
Since this is Cal’s first day of school, this suggest a time jump has occurred (see above). Since most of episode 8 occurs within an 18 hour timeframe (cf. 108.3), and since Vance later states that the plane had come back three weeks ago (108.22), and the fact that episode 9 takes place on a Saturday, that brings Cal’s first day to Friday, November 30, 2018.
Morning — 11/30
- Michaela shows up in the kitchen while Cal is getting ready for school frustrated. She apologizes for not saying good morning to Ben. She is trying to get Jared out of her head, but the captain insists they ride together (108.5).
- She drives Ben to work (cf. 108.5).
- When Michaela arrives late to the 12th precinct, Jared teases her about it (108.6).
- Michaela gets a calling, “Do not lose him” (108.6).
- Captain Riojas tells Michaela about a man who wants to jump from the Freedman building (108.6).
- Jared and Michaela show up at the scene of the jumper on top of the building. She identifies the man as Harvey, one of the passengers on the plane (108.8).
- Michaela is on the roof of the building being fitted into the harness of a rope rescue apparatus, she tries to connect with Harvey by identifying with his feelings that “he has come back and the world’s moved on and he doesn’t know where he fits in anymore,” but Harvey tells her that’s not it (108.10).
- As Michaela tries to get closer to the man, she insists on telling him she knows exactly how he feels, but that only pushes the man further away. “People are dying,” he says before jumping to his death (108.12)
- Michaela calls Ben and tells him that she failed a calling (108.13).
- Jared and Michaela go to Harvey’s apartment looking for clues, where Michaela sees “I am the angel of death” written in large red letters on Harvey’s bedroom wall. Jared finds a green t-shirt from O’Ryan’s Tavern and the obituaries of two people (108.15)
- When the bartender at O’Ryan’s Tavern tells Jared and Michaela that Harvey had mentioned to the couple about having callings shortly before their deaths, Michaela worries that something might happen to Jared, too (108.19).
- When Michaela comes home from work, Grace is getting ready for her date with Ben. Grace tells Michaela that while she was shopping earlier in the day she met Lourdes who was buying a fertility kit. After Grace tells Michaela that “it sounds like Jared’s moving on,” Michaela says, “and so should I” (108.19).
- Michaela goes to the gym, and returns home to take a bath (cf. 108.19).
- Michaela looks at photos that were taken of Harvey’s suicide and apartment, and then looks at photos of her and Jared in her “moments’ collection. When Ben and Grace return home, she tells Ben that she is worried. “I failed the calling. What if I we’re being punished? or about to be?” (108.22).
- Michaela gets a text from Jared that there has been an incident at the tavern where they were earlier in the day. When the arrive, they find out that the bartender, Lois, was electrocuted (108.23).
Ep 9 – Dead Reckoning
Morning — 12/1
- Michaela meets up with Ben and Vance. The three of them learn that the building they were searching for is the Red Hook, a chemical warehouse down by the water with no public access (108.26).
- Michaela leaves Vance’s house to go into work to see what she can dig up. Vance gives her a burner, and tells her to keep him informed (109.1).
- At the police station Michaela is looking at the plans of Red Hook warehouse (cf. 109.4), when Jared asks what she is doing. She does not tell him about it because she cares too much for him, and does not want to worry about how he might die because he is helping with the callings (109.6).
- Michaela experiences extreme pain for the first time from the electrotherapy experiments at Red Hook which have resumed (109.9).
- Michaela tags along with the tactical team as it enters the warehouse, but they find nothing (109.11).
- When Cal insists on staying as his dad and the others go inside the tunnels, Michaela stays behind to watch Cal (109.13).
- Michaela sees Ben and Fiona come out of the tunnels with the missing passengers (109.17).
- After Ben checks on Cal, and is talking to Michaela, a large explosion sends everyone to the ground (109.17).
- Michaela goes into tunnel to look for Jared and finds him unconscious (109.17).
- While waiting for Jared to regain conscious outside his hospital room, Captain Riojas informs her that Vance died in the explosion (109.19).
- Michaela cries at Jared’s bedside, gets down on her knees, and prays aloud, “I can’t lose him, please” (109.19).
- When Jared wakes up, Michaela says she will get Lourdes, but Jared says, “Stay with me” (109.21).
Ep 10 – Crosswinds
It is uncertain how long this timeline will be able to map out the dates, or that it is even important to do so once the 28-day milestone (a significant number) has been reached in episode 9. But as long as we are given clues in the script, we will keep doing it. According to Michaela, it has been 10 days since the last calling (110.3), that means the events of episode 10 occur on Monday, December 10, 2018. It is disparaging that there are no Christmas decorations visible, and that there are green leaves still on the trees, no snow, etc.
10 Days Since the Explosion
After Grace kicked Ben out of the house, he and Michaela presumably searched for an apartment where we find them living in episode 10 (cf. 110.3). We can also presume that she continues to visit Jared, at least until his discharge.
Morning — 12/10
- Michaela visits the grave of her mom, Karen, and gives viewers a short recap/overview of all that she has been through since the plane landed. She says she wants her life back (110.1).
- When she returns to the apartment, she witnesses Ben throwing a stack of Flight 828 articles, and says that its her apartment and if anyone is going to trash it, it will be her (110.3).
- While looking over photos and charts of Flight 828 passengers, Ben is frustrated because he not finding the answers he needs to protect his son (110.3).
- Michaela receives a text from Saanvi, that she and the other passengers who witnessed the explain explode, are to meet that afternoon at Fiona’s beach house for an important meeting (cf. 110.2)
- Michaela arrives at the beach house where Saanvi shows her the comatose patients sitting in chairs. She immediately identifies with one of them, Paul Santino, who Saanvi says was abandoned by his wife (110.7).
- When she tugs on Paul Santino’s shirt she receives a calling, “Find Her!” while Paul Santino begins waking up (110.7).
- She and Saanvi question Paul who does not remember his own name or the fact that he is married to a woman named Helen. Michaela says she will double check (110.7).
- Michaela meets with the other passengers at the beach house (110.8).
- When Michaela arrives at work, she gets permission from Captain Riojas to investigate Helen, treating her absence as a missing-person case. When she sees Jared, having returned back to work for the first time since the explosion, hey hug. (110.10).
- Michaela tells Jared about Helen’s disappearance. He agrees to help her (110.13), and they go to her house where they find unread newspapers, unopened mail, and a container of warm milk on the kitchen counter dated November 6 (110.15).
- Michaela returns to the beach house to try and jog Paul’s memory, where she meets up with Ben again who tells her that the Major is a woman. She then experiences the same the calling she had earlier, “Find Her!” Ben and Michaela are unsure if the calling means that they should be looking for Helen or the Major, and decide to continue looking for both (110.16).
- After Jared texts Michaela that he knows where Helen is, they find her at a motel where she tells them that Paul was abusive toward her, and felt her prayers were answered when the plane went missing. But then when the plane came back, she felt as though a wrecking ball was smashing into everything she had built during the 5 1/2 years Paul was presumed dead (110.17).
- On the way back to the precinct, Michaela doesn’t say a word to Jared. She thinks that she, like Paul’s returning, might be some kind of wrecking ball smashing into Jared’s life (110.19).
- Michaela tells Jared that she is going to tell Captain Riojas she does not want to work with him anymore (110.19).
- Michaela returns to the beach house and loses control of her emotions with Paul Santino calling him a monster who beats his wife. Saanvi intervenes telling Michaela to stop it. Paul who does not remember anything is dumbfounded (110.22).
- Michaela then goes back to her apartment where later Jared stops by for a visit telling her that she is not a wrecking ball, but a soulmate. After Michaela hears Jared tell her that he loves her, she kisses him, and they end up having sex for the first time since her return (110.24).
- Michaela returns to the beach house, where she experiences the calling “Find Her!” for the third time. This time she realizes that the voice in her head is not hers and that the calling is someone else’s calling (110.28)
- Later in the evening, Saanvi finds out that the experiments on the passengers were intended to find out which passengers were the most sensitive to the callings, Michaela, Ben, and Saanvi are now even more concerned about Cal’s safety (110.30)
Ep 11 – Contrails
Morning — 12/11
- Michaela goes to work at the 119th Police Precinct. Feeling guilty about having sex with Jared the night before, she does her best to avoid him, and askes Captain Riojas if its okay that she work on a different (cf. 111.3).
- While she is working at her desk she experiences the same calling she did yesterday, “Find her! Find her!”
- When Jared tells Michaela that what happened last night was a good thing and that they are meant to be together, she tells him it was a mistake and was cheating. Although Jared admits that it is messy, and that they will get through it, Michaela says it doesn’t matter what happened five years ago. What matters in what they do now (111.3).
- When Michaela comes home from work, she notices Ben looking at the poster board foldout of Flight 828 passengers, trying to figure out what man Cal was talking about (111.4).
- Ben asks Michaela if she can watch Cal because supposedly Cal thinks that he will be busy (111.4).
- Ben receives a phone call from Captain Bill Daly. He needs Ben’s help and wants to pick Ben up tomorrow (111.4).
Morning — 12/12
- Ben shows Michaela the minutes from the Congressional investigation concerning Roger Mencin a researcher who was on the ground who swore under oath not to tell what he saw that night (111.6).
- Michaela babysits Cal who (for an unkown reason is not in school). Autumn shows up asking for help (111.7).
- Autumn tells Michaela how her friends stole her identity and committed a whole bunch of crimes while she was in Jamaica. Autumn wants Michaela to find Clarissa Ford so she can prove that she is innocent. Meanwhile Cal is drawing a pciture of Autumn on the couch (111.9).
- When Ben calls Michaela to give her an update and to ask from information from a blue binder, Autumn pays special attention, before leaving (111.11).
- Later, when Grace picks up Cal, Michaela says she is rooting for her and Ben (111.11).
- Michaela goes to the police station and runs a background check on Clarissa Ford when Jared asks if she needs help. He tells her that he is here if she ever needs him. Michaela leaves abruptly when a police bulletin pops up on her screen that Roger Mencin was found unresponsive in South Oyster Bay, and was pronounced dead. Michaela and Ben decide to meet at Daly’s apartment to warn him (111.13).
- When Ben and Michaela enter Daly’s apartment to see if he is okay, Ben is wowed by all the charts, photos, and articles on the wall. Ben notices on his laptop that Daly is looking at the day’s forecast and navigational charts looking for dark lightning. There is a storm brewing off the coast. They think he is going to fly into the storm (111.14).
- Ben and Michaela immediately go the airport. The guard at he airport will not let Michaela and Ben pass the gate, even though they tell him that Daly is about to steal an airplane (111.17).
- Ben tries to talk Daly down as he gears up the plane before taking off. In the seat next to him is Fiona who Daly calls his missing link. Waking up, Fiona asks him what he is doing, and cries out help. Michaela yells, “Stop!” in the radio. But Daly ignores her plea and takes off (111.19).
- As the air national guard are called out, Daly heads right into the storm and climbs to “penetration altitude.” He thinks Fiona knows how to make the dark lightning happen, but she tells him she doesn’t know how. Daly then decides to go through the center of the storm. He tells Fiona he will see her in 2024. Just then their is a bright light. The air national guard then broadcasts, “The threat has been neutralized.” (111.20)
- When Ben and Michaela arrive back at their apartment, they find a package from Daly. Inside are a set of Captain Wings, and a note that says, “For your son, better late than never.” On the television, the news say that the authorities are unable to find any remains (111.21).
- Ben and Michaela realize that Autumn must have overheard Michaela tell Ben where the meteorologist was, and that Autumn is a mole working for the major. They fear for Cal’s safety (111.22).
- Ben tries reaching Grace on the phone, but is unable. He and Michaela head over to Grace’s house to check on Cal (111.22).
NOTE: Timeline for this day continues below (Episode 12).
Ep 12 – Vanishing Point
NOTE: Events at the start of episode occur after 11 p.m. on night before.
- Michaela finds Autumn and arrests her believing she knows the whereabouts of Cal (112.2).
- Michaela receives a phone call from Olive telling her that the cops think that Ben may have been the one that kidnapped Cal (112.2)
- Michaela drives to the Stone house where she leaves Autumn who is handcuffed in the back seat as she goes inside (112.4)
- Michaela and Ben tell Grace everything that has happened concerning Cal and how Ben was trying to protect her and Cal. Ben then shows Grace Cal’s drawings and explains how he can see into the future (112.4).
- Michaela calls Jared and they come up with a plan as to how to get rid of the police (i.e. Jared will tell them that Cal is with his grandpa (cf. 112.4 and 112.5).
- After police leave, everyone brainstorms as what to do next. Michaela suggests that when Grace and Ben go north they borrow someone else’s vehicle. Grace says they can use Danny’s truck (112.5)
Morning — 12/13
- Michaela interrogates Autumn at the 119th Police Precinct, but Autumn refuses to talk (112.7).
- Back at her desk, Michaela discovers that the Major knows the whereabouts of Autumn’s daughter and is using that as leverage to make Autumn spy on Ben and Michaela (112.9).
- She then confronts Autumn about she is selling out another child to get her own back. Autumn tells Michaela that she did not give the Major Cal’s drawing that she ripped out. Michaela begs Autumn to help her find Cal (112.9).
- Autumn is released from custody (112.12).
- Autumn calls Jansen and intentionally misleads him and his men (who are searching for Cal) to the wrong cabin. She is in her apartment with jared and Michaela who give her the name and address of her daughter’s adoptive family. Autumn then gives Michaela the picture that she ripped out of Cal’s notebook which was not only of her, but her daughter. On the back is a drawing of the exterior of the cabin which is Michaela understands is the key to finding Cal (112.14).
- Michaela texts that photo to Ben and Grace (112.14).
- Michaela experiences snow falling from above, and thinks it might be another calling, but is not sure (112.15)
- Michaela tells Jared that she needs to go north on her own and help Ben and Grace find Cal, and he needs to stay (112.15).
- When Michaela arrives at the cabin where Cal has been, Ben tells her about the man who broke through the door. She notices the man’s red jacket and that he is the one she has been having visions about(112.20).
- After the man awakes, Ben and Michaela learn that his name is Zeke. He has been missing for a year (although he thinks it has only been two weeks). Apparently, he has time-jumped a full year (112.20).
Ep 13 – Cleared for Approach
Morning — 12/14
- Michaela changes Zeke’s bandage. When Ben says he’s ready to go back to the city, Zeke says he is not ready yet. Michaela agrees to stay with Zeke (113.2).
- Ben is suspicious of Zeke because Zeke does not mention or want to reconnect with family. When Ben mentions Jared, Michaela says she does not want to involve him right now (113.2).
- Michaela tells Zeke about how her own reentry was difficult. They both have the same calling: After being transported to a rocky outcrop where they are under the night sky looking up at the stars. They both hear Zeke’s voice say, “Go Back”. Michaela thinks it means they need to go back to the cave (113.5).
- While at the store gathering supplies for the one hour hike back to the cave, Michaela discovers a missing person poster of Zeke. The Clerk tells her that Zeke’s sister Chloe died on the same mountain in 2006. When Michaela returns to the cabin, Zeke is gone (113.7).
- Michaela catches up with Zeke on a trail in the woods. When he continues to walk away from her, she confronts him about his sister, Chloe. Zeke stops walking, and shares with Michaela his heartache of how Chloe’s death tore his familyl apart. When Michaela asks him to trust her, Zeke agrees to take her to the cave, but then he has to get off the mountain (113.9).
- Zeke and Michaela find the cave. When they go inside, they have another experience of the calling, “Go Back.” Michaela asks Zeke what the stars in the calling might mean. He shows her the necklace he gave his sister for her 9th birthday. It has a gold star attached to it. Zeke says he killed (although he did not mean to) his little sister (113.11).
- Zeke explains to Michaela that he was 15 when he took Chloe to the ravine. But when a girl who he hardly knew called him, he told his little sister to stop bugging him. An our later she her dead body was pulled up from the ravine. Ever since then he has suffered from guilt. Michaela then tells him about how her drinking and driving killed Evie (113.14).
- Zeke shares a remembrance of his sister at a memorial marker. Afterwards, they set out to build a stone monument in her honor (113.16).
- When Zeke and Michaela finish building the monument, and Zeke places his sister’s star necklace on it, they embrace. They then receive the “Go Back” calling a third time. But this time there is lightning in the night sky, and they hear Michaela’s voice, not Zeke’s. Michaela thinks that it means that Zeke must go back to the city with her (113.21).
- When Michaela tells Zeke that she wishes she could redo her own reentry, Zeke says that perhaps that is why she found him, to help him change his reentry. They while holding hands and discover a pictograph on a rock wall of two stick figures holding hands with stars above them. When they realize that drawing is of them, dark lightning flashes across the sky (113.24).
- Michaela takes a photo of the petrograph and texts it to Ben (cf. 114.3)
Ep 14 – Upgrade
Morning — 12/15
- Michaela and Zeke hike back to the cabin (We don’t know if they did it the evening before or that morning. They probably got a good night sleep and slept all morning.
- Michaela and Zeke drive back into the city to Michaela’s apartment. Michaela says to Zeke that since Ben has moved out, the couch is free. Michaela tells Zeke to keep a low profile (114.1)
- Michaela calls Ben to tell him that she and Zeke are back. Ben tells Michaela this is not just about the flight anymore, that they have to figure out what Zeke’s return means for the bigger picture. (114.3)
Morning — 12/16
- At the police precinct, Michaela tells Jared that she does not want to continue her relationship with him because he needs to be with Lourdes. Captain Riojas interrupts saying one of the them needs to go to the recovery effort by the river while the police search for the getaway vehicle. Initially divers couldn’t go into the water because of an electrical storm. Now they can’t even find it. Michaela suggests that Jared take the day shift so he can be at home in the evening with his wife. She will take the night shift (114.8).
- Lourdes asks Michaela if something is going on between her and Jared. Michaela tells her she regrets it, but that Jared belongs to Lourdes. Lourdes blames Michaela for her “broken marriage.” Michaela texts Jared, “Lourdes knows.” (114.15)
- Outside Alice’s apartment, Ben tells Michaela that Adrian is a false prophet, “A wolf in sheep’s clothing” (Mt. 7:15). Inside, Jacob tells Alice that this has gone too far. Saanvi at gunpoint tries to talk Alice down. Ben and Michaela see Saanvi in the window holding her hands up. Ben calls Alice on intercom to tell her that Adrian sent him to help her. Alice says her miracle has arrived, then pulls the gun on him. Meanwhile, Michaela sneaks into the apartment and is able to handcuff her (114.17)
- Michaela wants to talk to Lourdes, but Jared tells her that she is not home. Jared tells her that she packed her bags. Jared says that this was meant to be and that they are destined for one another. Michaela receives a text that the police have found the van in the river (114.21)
- When Michaela opens the door of the vehicle that was submerged and a man lunges toward her (114.22)
Ep 15 – Hard Landing
NOTE: Episode begins on the evening before.
Evening — 12/16
- Michaela tells the EMT to take Griffin to Ed Koch, not Mercy, because Koch has hyperbaric oxygen chambers (115.1).
- Michaela calls Ben. She tells him how Griffin jumped at her even though he was underwater for over 80 hours. She tells Ben to meet her at the hospital in 20 minutes (115.1).
- Michaela finds Jared in the emergency room who asks her how is it possible that Griffin is alive. Michaela tells him that Griffin is not the first. She tells him about Zeke (115.2).
- Michaela meets up with Saanvi who takes her to the room where Griffin is being treated. Saanvi tells Michaela that Griffin was underwater for 82 hours and 8 minutes (115.2).
- Griffin has a calling. He sees an explosion, but before Michaela and Saanvi can learn more the medical staff sedates him (115.2).
- Michaela goes to a waiting room where she, Ben, Saanvi and Zeke try to learn more about Griffin’s calling. They also learn that he has a criminal record, that he is a non-passenger returnee, and discuss whether or not he is the wolf in Cal’s drawing (115.3).
Morning — 12/17
- After Griffin wakes up, Michaela speaks with him. Michaela’s eagerness to learn more about the explosion and her presumption that everyone has a good heart causes her to trust Griffin too much (115.4).
- Michaela presses Griffin to tell her more about the bombing. Griffin tells police there is going to be a terrorist attack, and wants to be cleared of all charges before giving out any more information (115.6).
- While Michaela is interrogating him in the ER, uniformed police arrive and tell her that she will have to finish the interrogation at the police station. Griffin had been given a green light for transportation. Before they leave Griffin tells Michaela that he will be sleeping in his own bed that night, that his calling has given him a get out of jail free card (115.6).
- When Michaela arrives at the police station, Michaela learns that Griffin told the Captain that there is going to be a terrorist attack that night, and that Griffin wants full immunity. Police are taking it seriously because that morning a terrorist alert went out. Michaela tells Jared that she thinks Griffin is credible (115.6).
- Michaela admits that she screwed up by telling Griffin about the callings and assuming that he would not be receiving them unless he was going to do the right thing. Michaela asks Ben for help in finding information on Griffin.
- Michaela uncovers that James Griffin has been in foster care since he was a child and questions him about his family dynamics (115.8).
- Zeke is seen trying to gain entrance to someone’s residence, and is apprehended by the police. Zeke is taken to the 119th Police Precinct where Michaela begs Jared not to book him (115.11).
- Michaela connects the shame she experienced following the death of Evie (who she says was practically her sister) with how Griffin must be feel responsible for sending his friend (foster brother) to prison saying he was the shooter even though Griffin was. “We are all connected. You are not the only one. We have all been given a second chance. This is yours.”(115.12)
- When Michaela is told that the U.S. Attorney signed off, and is coming to make a deal with Griffin, she asks Captain Riojas not to tell Griffin yet. She wants to keep pushing (115.13).
- Griffin, however, is finished talking. Michaela begs him to tell her more, but he stays silent, even after she shows him a picture of him and Devon. As Michaela leaves the interrogation room, she hears a growling sound of a wolf (115.16).
- Michaela talks to Zeke in the cell. She wants an explanation. Zeke tells her that it is his mom’s house. He does not want to break his mom’s heart, and wanted to check things out to see if she was okay. Michaela releases him from jail and tells him to talk to his mom. Jared is upset (115.17).
- When Michaela tells Griffin that now she knows what its like to have the callings exploited, he tells her that her thinking is far too narrow, that the callings are capable of much more. He is going to take them to a whole new level. He then reveals to authorities where the bomb is hidden (115.20).
- Michaela and Jared go to Time Square with the bomb squad. When they arrive, the police begin clearing an area around a pretzel stand where they find and are able to disconnect the the bomb. Michaela then experiences a calling. She first hears a wolf growling loudly, and then sees it in the crowd. When Jared approaches her and says everything is good, shes says, “No we’re not” (115.21).