- From Jamaica on Flight 828
- The 5 1/2 Missing Years
- To New York on Flight 828
- Ep 1 – Pilot
- Ep 2 – Reentry
- Ep 3 – Turbulence
- Ep 4 – Unclaimed Baggage
- Ep 5 – Connecting Flights
- Ep 6 – Off Radar
- Ep 7 – S.N.A.F.U.
- Ep 8 – Point of No Return
- Ep 9 – Dead Reckoning
- DAY 28
- The Stone Family (101.1)
- The Flight to New York (101.2)
- Tarmac Revelation (101.3)
- What Happened? (101.4)
- Stone Family Reunion (101.5)
- All Things… (101.6)
- Police Precinct Visit (101.8)
- TV news report (101.10)
- Slower! Slower! (101.11)
- Hearing Voices (101.12)
- Set them free! – I (101.15)
- Jared Helps Michaela (101.16)
- Set them Free! – II (101.19)
- Congratulations (101.20)
- Passengers are called (101.24)
- During the Summer Carnival at St. Agnes, Evie trips over Mrs. O’Connell’s poodle and falls over (105.8).
- Bobby Tufford writes “slut” on Evie’s locker when she wears heals to school. When Mrs. Springs asks Evie who wrote it, she doesn’t rat Bobby out, but waits until after school, calls him a bitch-monkey, and beats him him (107.13)
Evie’s death (October 2012)
- Night out partying w/ Evie (103.23)
- Car crash w/ Evie (103.5) — unknown to Michaela Evie was a organ donor, and her heart saved the life of a young boy, Carlos (107.24).
- When Michaela and Jared show up at Evie’s wake, Evie’s parents Glen and Beverley turn her away (103.10)
- Michaela is put on desk assignment and there is a thorough investigation into the crash. Although she is found of no wrongdoing, she remains on desk duty.
From Jamaica on Flight 828
Afternoon — 4/7/13
- Undecided about accepting Jared’s engagement (101.1)
- Accepts a voucher to take a different flight (101.1)
- While on plane, before taking off, has conversation with Ben about how good the trip was for him and Grace (103.01)
The 5 1/2 Missing Years
The Initial Moments
- Flight 828 crew and passengers appear to have loss consciousness or are asleep. Cal is alert and sees a bright light outside the airplane, saying, “It’s all connected.” (105.28)
- Flight 828 disappears from radar (105.1)
To New York on Flight 828
Evening — 11/4/18
- After the passengers experience turbulence , they are unaware that they have been transported 5 1/2 years into the future (101.2).
- The passengers are notified that the plane is being diverted to Newburgh (101.2).
- The plane lands at 11:49 local time (101.2).
- While still on the plane, Michaela discovers that she has no phone service (101.2) when she sees that she had received a message from Jared and when trying to text him back to tell him she decided to marry him, couldn’t reach him (102.22)
- After leaving the plane, Robert Vance informs the passengers while they are standing on the tarmac that they have been missing for 5 1/2 years.
All Day — 11/5/18
- Passengers are held for questioning inside one of the airport’s hangers for thirty six hours (101.3).
- Michaela tells Director Vance that she needs to make a phone call to her fiance (109.1).
Afternoon — 11/6/18
- Reunited with family at noon: father (Steve) informs her that her mom (Karen) had died (101.5)
- Invited to move in with Ben and Grace who set up a room for Michaela in the basement; tries to call Jared but unable to reach him; hears her mother’s last words in her head (101.6).
Ep 1 – Pilot
Morning — 11/7
- visits 129th police precinct, and sees Jared for first time after her return, and learns that he has married Lourdes (101.8)
- while shopping at Walmart for clothes, sees Jared on the TV’s being interviewed about a case he is working on involving two kidnapped girls (101.10)
- on the ride home on a bus, hears a voice, say “Slower! Slower! Slower!”, yells out to the bus driver, who barely stops bus before hitting a boy (101.11)
- tells Ben about the voices (101.12)
- while jogging, she passes a pair of locked up dogs and hears a voice in her head to set them free (101.5)
- that night while sleeping, she wakes up and hears the voice again; rides bike to metalwork facility where she meets up with Ben and learns that he, too, had heard the voice; they set the dogs free (101.15)
Morning — 11/8
- After they find the dogs, Jared takes Michaela back to return them, while at metalworking facility discovers the two girls locked up in a room (101.19)
- congratulated by Captain Riojas who talks about getting her job back; thanks Jared but won’t reveal how she was able to solve the case (101.20)
- sits in a pew of a church reading from Romans 8:28 and speaks with a priest about whether or not she has been called for a higher purpose (101.24)
- interrupted by Ben before going back to airport where they meet up with other 828ers and witness the plane blow up (101.24)
Ep 2 – Reentry
Morning — 11/9
- Detained and questioned with other passengers by NSA, she is able to convince Director Vance to release everyone (102.1).
- After taking the train to the police precinct, Michaela unexpectedly encounters Lourdes but keeps it short; she asks Captain Riojas for her old job back who tells her she must first get a physical, get firearms re-certification, and speak with the precinct’s psychiatrist (102.3).
- Michaela immediately goes to the fire-range and shoots her gun getting firearm re-certification confident that she would pass because in her time she “had range time 10 days ago” (cf. 102.11).
- Michaela visits Dr. Bortel, the psychiatrist, who wants to help her process the magnitude of changes in her life (102.6).
- Afterwards, she receives a phone call from Ben who asks her to contact someone at Rikers Island so he and Radd can talk to Adio (102.7).
- She returns home and has conversation with Ben who is preparing dinner (102.13)
- At home, Michaela goes through five years of Facebook posts that reveal Lourdes posted every year on Michaela’s birthday. (103.18)
Morning — 11/10
- discusses her emotions with a counselor and gets her job back / promoted to detective
- Ben and Michaela debate Magic vs. Technology while Blake is taken to the police car (102.20)
- thanks Lourdes for her posts online; tells Lourdes that she was debating to give Jared his ring back, even though a flashback reveals that she tried to send text message to say “yes” (102.22)
- Michaela and Ben learn of Kelly’s murder from a television breaking news report. (103.2)
- Ben drives Michaela to the crime scene. (103.5)
- At crime scene, Ben and Michaela are introduced to Patrick Kelly (103.6)
Ep 3 – Turbulence
Morning — 11/11
- Michaela is at precinct looking over news videos of Kelly being interviewed (103.8)
- Michaela is confronted by Jared who received phone call from Detective Donovan about how she and Ben went to the crime scene. He tells her that she needs to stop or she will get into trouble. She asks him if he could make some phone calls. He accepts. (103.8)
- Michaela discusses Kelly’s calling with Ben (103.8)
- Visit’s Patrick in his kitchen; introduced to his housekeeper (103.9)
- After having a flashback of Evie’s parents after her death, Michaela decides to visit Beverly and Glen at home; discovers that Beverly has dementia (103.12)
- At the police precinct, Jared tells her that Kelly and her husband owned and operated a mall (103.12)
- Michaela and Ben make a visit to the mall; talk to Tami (103.16). Police take statements from other tenants of mall, and arrest Patrick Taylor blackmail, extortion and harassment. (cf. 103.19)
- After Patrick was interrogated at police precinct, Jared tells Michaela that Patrick’s alibi is air tight, that he did not kill Kelly; that the man whom they arrested on the night of the murder remains their prime suspect (103.18)
- Michaela visits Isaiah in jail looking for answers. He tells her that he heard the sound of a gun, and went to her. She died in his arms. (103.22)
- Michaela returns to Glen and Beverly’s house, and is told that Beverly is missing; Michaela finds her on the street, and discovers that the housekeeper wearing Kelly’s necklace (103.23)
- Kelly’s housekeeper is interrogated (103.24)
- Although tired after a long day, Michaela receives an urgent call from Saanvi for her and Ben to meet her in the lab. Michaela, who is unable to reach Ben, find him at home, and they go to the lab where Saanvi tells them that they all have had something like a near-death experience and that Kelly’s body has been stolen (103.27).
Ep 4 – Unclaimed Baggage
Morning — 11/12
- While at the 129th precinct, Captain Ri
- ojas informs Jared and Michaela that they will be paired up doing a joint operation with ATF (104.4).
- Jared sits in car with Michaela talking about old times at Italian restaurant (104.7).
- Jared leaves the car to get coffee, and leaves his cell phone behind (104.7), when he returns Michaela confronts him about a text that appeared on his phone about Jared giving Harrington tickets to the game, so that Jared could pair up with Michaela (104.10).
- A gray woman with wings (i.e. angel) appears to Michaela, and says, “Save Him!” Michaela tells Jared they must go in immediately, that ATF needs help, only to blow the agent’s cover, and botch the operation (104.10).
- As Jared takes the fall for Michaela, she talks to Ben on phone, who tells her to call Saanvi [who has also been seeing visions of a gray woman] in order to make sense out of what is happening (104.15).
- Michaela sees Jared who tells her about his suspension (104.19).
- Drives to hospital to talk to Saanvi and finds her on the sidewalk with Bethany looking for Thomas, all the while, being chased by Director Vance (104.21).
- In the car, Bethany connects the visions of the angel that Michaela has been seeing with Saanvi’s visions of the gray woman, and tells Michaela to go to the Angel of Waters statue in Central Park (104.22).
- Michaela finds Thomas at Bethesda Fountain in front of Angel of Waters and takes him to the boiler room inside a building Kelly owned.
- After Ben texts her wondering where she is, he picks her up, and on the way home they have a conversation about whether the callings or a blessing or a curse (104.25).
- We see Michaela alone standing before the the Angel of Waters looking up and saying, “What do You Want?” (104.26).
Ep 5 – Connecting Flights
Morning — 11/13
- Michaela and Ben return to the boiler to check on Thomas. Ben tells her that he does not want to get involved, that helping a fugitive is not worth going to prison for (105.3).
- Michaela who has the day off, stops into the police precinct to see how Jared is doing (105.5).
- Michaela visits Lourdes. When she enters the house she notices photos of the Three Amigas and one with Lourdes and Jared. She asks Lourdes for her help (telling her how Jared is risking his whole career by accepting the blame for the ATF bust (105.11).
- Michaela visits her father, Steve, telling him that she still loves Jared and wants to be with him. Her father tells her she should fight to get him back (105.17)
- Michaela finds Jared, who is seated at a bar who is giving her the cold shoulder. Unknown to her, Jared had just been pressured by Director Vance to narc on her (105.22).
- Michaela returns home and looks at photos of the Three Amigas and one with her and Jared in it (105.26).
- Before retiring for the day, she finds Ben in the basement who tells her about his day with Cal, and how although he tried to break away, Cal brought him back (105.27).
Ep 6 – Off Radar
Morning — 11/14
- Wakes up in middle of night when Cal, when Cal screams. He is burning up with a fever. Ben and Grace take him to the hospital (106.1).
- Michaela calls Jared at the precinct and ask him to tell the captain that she needs to take a personal day because Cal is sick (106.3).
- Ben shows Michaela and Saanvi a seating chart of the Montego Air Flight 828 manifest, and Saanvi identifies the man who spoke the same language Cal was using (106.5)
- Michaela visits the woman who helped the Bulgarian man on the plane (106.6).
- Jared does not want any part of whatever Michaela is doing (106.8).
- Michaela looks up the logs for passenger buses, but there is no record of a fifth bus (106.9).
- After Ben looks at a map and circles different areas where the fifth bus may have taken the passengers, and sends it to Michaela to check out (106.11).
- She is able to get Jared to help her after she tells him about the missing passengers (106.12).
- When Michaela and Jared discover a large barn which is heavily secured, they are escorted off the premises, but not before she’s able to snap a few photos (106.14).
- Michaela tells Jared about the voices and visions she has been having (106.16).
- Michaela learns that the farm was purchased by a subsidiary of a holding company whose only shareholder is Unified Dynamic Systems (106.19).
Ep 7 – S.N.A.F.U.
Morning — 11/15
- Just before Cal is discharged from the hospital, Ben tells her that satellite imagery shows that the barn where the eleven passengers were taken had been torn down (107.2).
- Ben tells Michaela that he is going to follow the money and that he will be applying and interviewing for a junior revenue accountant at JP Williamson, the accounting firm of Unified Dynamic Systems (107.3).
Morning — 11/16
- Michaela warns Ben to be careful as he sets out for his first day on the job (107.4).
- Michaela visits Beverly who want to know where Evie is (107.6).
- Michaela hears a heart beating while trying to save Enrique who was just shot at his barber shop (107.10).
- Michaela is confused as to why Carlos, Enrique’s nephew, would not ID the suspect during a police line up (107.11).
- Michaela arrive at Jared’s house with him, where Lourdes is cooking dinner. When Jared kisses Lourdes, Michaela turns away (107.13).
- While having dinner with Lourdes and Jared, Michaela turn down a glass of wine (107.13).
- While reminiscing the past, a classmate’s name comes up who sought revenge before justice; Michaela hears a heart beating and leaves (107.13).
- Michaela goes to Carlos’ house and confronts him about hiding the gun so he can shoot the shooter with his own gun (107.14).
Morning — 11/17
- While talking to Jared at the precinct, Carlos comes clean, bringing in the gun, but the shooter had already been released and could not be ID’d (107.19).
- While driving with Jared, Michaela hears a heart beating and uses it to find the shooter just as he is about to rob an elderly man of cash (107.22).
- Michaela tells Carlos at the barber shop about capturing the shooter, when she notices a photo of Evie. Carlos tells Michaela that Evie was the heart donor who saved his life. Michaela hear the heart again beating (107.24).
- Michaela returns to Beverly’s house and says that Evie is okay (107.25).
- Michaela notices a drawing on the refrigerator that Cal had made showing Carlos with Evie’s heart (107.26).
Ep 8 – Point of No Return
DAYS 15 – 26
One might presume that the timeline continues as before such that Episode 8 picks up the same evening or night as the previous episode. However, after the flashback to Flight 828’s landing on November 4, 2018, episode 8 continues with a scene in which both Ben and Michaela are wearing different clothes than where they left off in episode 7 which suggests that these scenes do not occur on the same day.
Late Evening (Unknown day)
- Michaela confronts Ben saying he has to get his life back to normal, and one way of doing that is to send Cal back to school (108.2).
Work Shift (Unknown Days)
- Michaela continues to work out of the 129th precinct, doing normal routine assignments.
Since this is Cal’s first day of school, this suggest a time jump has occurred (see above). Since most of episode 8 occurs within an 18 hour timeframe (cf. 108.3), and since Vance later states that the plane had come back three weeks ago (108.22), and the fact that episode 9 takes place on a Saturday, that brings Cal’s first day to Friday, November 30, 2018.
Morning — 11/30
- Michaela shows up in the kitchen while Cal is getting ready for school frustrated. She apologizes for not saying good morning to Ben. She is trying to get Jared out of her head, but the captain insists they ride together (108.5).
- She drives Ben to work (cf. 108.5).
- When Michaela arrives late to the 12th precinct, Jared teases her about it (108.6).
- Michaela gets a calling, “Do not lose him” (108.6).
- Captain Riojas tells Michaela about a man who wants to jump from the Freedman building (108.6).
- Jared and Michaela show up at the scene of the jumper on top of the building. She identifies the man as Harvey, one of the passengers on the plane (108.8).
- Michaela is on the roof of the building being fitted into the harness of a rope rescue apparatus, she tries to connect with Harvey by identifying with his feelings that “he has come back and the world’s moved on and he doesn’t know where he fits in anymore,” but Harvey tells her that’s not it (108.10).
- As Michaela tries to get closer to the man, she insists on telling him she knows exactly how he feels, but that only pushes the man further away. “People are dying,” he says before jumping to his death (108.12)
- Michaela calls Ben and tells him that she failed a calling (108.13).
- Jared and Michaela go to Harvey’s apartment looking for clues, where Michaela sees “I am the angel of death” written in large red letters on Harvey’s bedroom wall. Jared finds a green t-shirt from O’Ryan’s Tavern and the obituaries of two people (108.15)
- When the bartender at O’Ryan’s Tavern tells Jared and Michaela that Harvey had mentioned to the couple about having callings shortly before their deaths, Michaela worries that something might happen to Jared, too (108.19).
- When Michaela comes home from work, Grace is getting ready for her date with Ben. Grace tells Michaela that while she was shopping earlier in the day she met Lourdes who was buying a fertility kit. After Grace tells Michaela that “it sounds like Jared’s moving on,” Michaela says, “and so should I” (108.19).
- Michaela goes to the gym, and returns home to take a bath (cf. 108.19).
- Michaela looks at photos that were taken of Harvey’s suicide and apartment, and then looks at photos of her and Jared in her “moments’ collection. When Ben and Grace return home, she tells Ben that she is worried. “I failed the calling. What if I we’re being punished? or about to be?” (108.22).
- Michaela gets a text from Jared that there has been an incident at the tavern where they were earlier in the day. When the arrive, they find out that the bartender, Lois, was electrocuted (108.23).
Ep 9 – Dead Reckoning
Morning — 12/1
- Michaela meets up with Ben and Vance. The three of them learn that the building they were searching for is the Red Hook, a chemical warehouse down by the water with no public access (108.26).
- Michaela leaves Vance’s house to go into work to see what she can dig up. Vance gives her a burner, and tells her to keep him informed (109.1).
- At the police station Michaela is looking at the plans of Red Hook warehouse (cf. 109.4), when Jared asks what she is doing. She does not tell him about it because she cares too much for him, and does not want to worry about how he might die because he is helping with the callings (109.6).
- Michaela experiences extreme pain for the first time from the electrotherapy experiments at Red Hook which have resumed (109.9).
- Michaela tags along with the tactical team as it enters the warehouse, but they find nothing (109.11).
- When Cal insists on staying as his dad and the others go inside the tunnels, Michaela stays behind to watch Cal (109.13).
- Michaela sees Ben and Fiona come out of the tunnels with the missing passengers (109.17).
- After Ben checks on Cal, and is talking to Michaela, a large explosion sends everyone to the ground (109.17).
- Michaela goes into tunnel to look for Jared and finds him unconscious (109.17).
- While waiting for Jared to regain conscious outside his hospital room, Captain Riojas informs her that Vance died in the explosion (109.19).
- Michaela cries at Jared’s bedside, gets down on her knees, and prays aloud, “I can’t lose him, please” (109.19).
- When Jared wakes up, Michaela says she will get Lourdes, but Jared says, “Stay with me” (109.21).